Followers

Sunday 24 February 2013

How to add social media buttons to your blog

Do you see the pink social media buttons at the top of my page? Wow, did that take me a long time to figure out. It took two sets of tutorials, advice from a blogger I met through Etsy, and a LOT of time on my part, fiddling around. But I am very excited to say that I will no longer refer to HTML code as "my greatest foe". We are now becoming friendly acquaintances. If you want to add social media buttons to your blog, I can guide you along the way, but it will still be hard! It might take several sessions and some yelling before your goal is accomplished.

 Here we go!!!!

1) Go here and chosse a set of free social media buttons. Follow the instructions on the blog as to how to download the buttons onto your computer. Disregard the link to the tutorial. It is not helpful!!
http://www.carrieloves.com/2012/12/free-social-media-icons-updated/

2)Go to photobucket, I have provided the link here. Sign up for a free account. You only need an email address and a password, and you're good to go.

3) Upload your chosen social media files to photobucket.

4) Go here for the rest of the tutorial: http://beautifuldawndesigns.net/tutorial-add-social-media-icons-to-blogger-step-by-step/. It is a very user friendly tutorial, but it still took me awhile to get it. If you run into any problems, leave a comment on this post and I will try to help you out!

5) As a general note, because this REALLY confused me, the pretty email icon does not allow your followers to follow you by email. It is a button your followers can click on to contact you directly by email.

Good luck everyone!


6 comments:

  1. Yet another great tutorial Ruth, thanks soo much for sharing, you always make it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want an Icon that will fix my computer or destroy it and give me a new one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm so happy I found your fantastic post! I thought also that it's too difficult etc but today thought I should try. Thanks again and for the links, too!
    website design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great post.Really i think it is an admirable post. Thank's.celebrity interviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post. I hope many people will get advantage from this post.actors interviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. The advertising procedure ought to be as innovative as Facebook video downloader
    expands buyers' advantage that improves the download rate.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...